One thing that bothers me a lot is how much food that goes to waste every year. People just throw out their leftovers or half empty food packaging. A soft banana goes right in the trash. There is so much we could spare.
- Soft fruit – slice them up, put them in the fridge and use them for smoothies. If you have some soft banans you can also make a delicious banana cake .
- A small piece of cheese: grate the cheese and use it on a potato gratin (can be frozen as well).
- Old bread – slice it up and turn the breadcrumbs in some olive oil, salt and herbs and fry them in a pan. Voilá croutons!
- A few boiled potatoes left since yesterdays dinner – make some mashed potatoes and add whatever piece of meat you have and make a lunchbox to put in the fridge.
All in – when I have a little bit of everything in the fridge I usually make what I call an “all in”. I chop everything up and put it in either a frying pan or in the oven. It often turns out very good 🙂
Please comment if you have a great saving tip so that we don´t have to waste so much food 🙂
I would like to sum up with a recipe of my favorite food – chicken salad! It could be made on a hundred different ways. So I´ll just let you know how I think when I´m cooking.
- The main ingredient – the chicken! I make my own marinade the night before so that the flavors can soak in. I want the chicken to taste a lot.
- Something a bit strong – I want something that stand out without taking over the dish. Ruccola is the perfect candidate for that.
- Something crunchy – I need some chewing resistance. so I add some seeds. My favorite is pumpkin seeds.
- Something cheesy – the finishing touch: some salad cheese.
- Something salty – if it’s one of those days when I allow my self to eat a bit extra meat, I´ll add some bacon.
- Something fresh – watermelon and pomegranate are my to favorites to freshen up the dish with.
My heart beats 4 water
Today I would like to talk about water. I honestly think that water is the best thing you can treat your body with. My friends drink a lot of sodas and they think that water is tasteless and boring. But it does not have to be. When I want something extra tasty to drink I just make a bottle of Detox water. It tastes great and it looks beautiful. Call me silly, but for me, the presentation is just as important as the content
Make it look tasteful
I often use bottles or cans made of glass with a metal lid on it. Just fill them with beautiful leaves of mint and various pieces of citrus fruits, slices of cucumber and a few colorful berries. My favorite combination is mint, lime and raspberries. No sickly sweet soda can compere to this quencher.
Let your bottle stand in the refrigerator for an hour or two before you drink the water. By that time the flavors will taste great and the stare vill be refreshingly cold. Put a straw in the can and enjoy.
Did you know that:
- A grown up human body contains about 70 % water.
- About 70-75% of the earth surface is covered with water.
- The weight you loose directly after a workout is the loss of water, not fat.
- Pure water has a neutral PH of 7.
- By the time you feel thirsty, you have lost 1% of your total water amount.
- A healthy person can drink about 3 gallons of water a day.
- You can get water intoxication if you drink to much water.
Have a nice day everyone. I really do hope that you give water a chance. Not just for the taste, for your health.. and teeth. Say goodbye to the sodas, at least to a few of them 😉
Hi dear readers!
This is the first time I’m ever writing on this blog, or any blog really. I’m really excited to start writing about everything possible. First I think I’m going to write something about fair make up, that’s vegan and friendly for your wallet, the planet, animals and of course your skin! Usually I just use a little make up to give a little extra finish. But mostly I think beauty should come from the inside and from feeling good. Therefor, I’ll write some about that as well. Feel good, eat good, move your body and avoid the bad things in food.
I’m not vegan, but I try to both eat and consume more consciously. I’m not a big fan of the bad industries where both people and animals are hurt. Sadly the environment often has to suffer for mankind’s greed and I don’t like that either. That is also a reason for why I made this blog – I want to make people more aware of this.
Also, I’ll be posting some thoughts about beauty and make up, maybe share some tips and ideas. Hopefully you’ll enjoy what I write about and I’m looking forward of sharing everything I have in my head!
Until next time, take care and have a great day!